Vehicles equipped with Chrysler 45RFE, 545RFE, 65RFE, 66RFE and 68RFE transmissions can develop low cooler flow at idle and/or overheated fluid issues after performing aftermarket re-programming or 'tuning' the PCM/TCM for heavy duty use. Aftermarket programming typically commands a minimum of 100 psi at idle. When the pressure regulator valve is in this position the valve can restrict the connection to the converter circuits, resulting in low cooler flow, fluid overheating and converter crowding that can cause engine stall at idle.
Installing the Sonnax drop-in lube regulated pressure regulator valve 44912-17K restores the fluid connection to the converter circuit at idle, which is especially important on tuned vehicles. This valve has an internal check valve that ensures proper converter and lube oil flow under extreme 'tuned' operating conditions, eliminating the fluid overheat and converter related engine stalls at idle. This check valve reseats properly to seal the converter at engine off, eliminating the delayed engagements and converter drainback issues that arise from the outdated technique of drilling a hole in the casting wall between line and lube circuits.
- Hardcoat anodized aluminum valve combats premature wear
- Charges the converter/lube circuits at low RPM, especially important in 'tuned' vehicles
- Improves converter feed/lube oil flow at critical low RPM and high load conditions
- Redesigned valve prevents fluid drainback & slow engagements
- Annular grooves help center valve in bore to reduce side-load wear
- Drop-in Zip Valve™ parts install quickly and easily